If you are looking to implement a particular solution then the list below can help you to find a suitable trade body or organisation which lists providers of that solution.
- Energy Saving Trust – Renewable Installer Finder. The website can be searched for installers of renewables systems operating in Scotland and their special offers. The website can be searched on geographical location and technology.
- Glass & Glazing Federation (GGF). The website has a ‘Find a GGF member’ function, which you can search on member name, type of service required and geographical location. However, energy efficiency is not one of the criteria that you can choose.
- Green Deal ORB. The website can be searched for assessors, providers and installers. It can be searched by home or business and by service. After the initial search, you can search by location and installer (name or ID). Search can be refined by selecting ‘Companies registered with Green Deal Cashback and/or Green Deal Home Improvement Fund in England & Wales (not relevant to Scotland) or ‘Providers offering Green Deal Finance Plans’.
- HETAS. The official body (recognised by Government) to approve biomass and solid fuel domestic heating appliances, fuels and services including the registration of competent installers and servicing businesses. The website can be searched for a product by; manufacturer, product type, model name, fuel type, efficiency, output and by MCS accredited or Defra exempt appliances. The website can also be used to search for a retailer by geographical location and for an installer by geographical location and installer type.
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS). An internationally recognised, quality assurance scheme, supported by the Department of Energy and Climate Change. The website can be searched for an installer by; technology, installer name and geographical location as well as a particular product by technology, keyword and manufacturer.
- National Insulation Association (NIA). Represents the insulation industry in the UK. Members include; manufacturers, system designers and installers of insulation solutions for business and home. The website can be searched for an installer using geographical location. Their Green Deal provider list can also be downloaded.
- NICEIC. Use this search facility to find NICEIC registered contractors.
- RECC – Renewable Energy Consumer Code. Set up by the Renewable Energy Association, members are firms selling or leasing small-scale renewable or low carbon heat or power generation units who have agreed to comply with the Renewable Energy Consumer Code. The Code is backed by the Trading Standards Institute as part of its self-regulation initiative, the Consumer Codes Approval Scheme. The site is searchable by company name, geographical location or by technology.
- Scottish Renewables. The Scottish Renewables Directory is a valuable resource for those looking to make connections and do business in Scotland’s renewable energy sector. It can be searched by category (e.g. installer, manufacturer) and by specialism.
- SELECT: Select is the trade association for the electrical industry in Scotland and their website has a search facility for “finding a contractor”. This search facility allows searching by type of work and geographic location.
- SNIPEF(Scottish & Northern Ireland Plumbing Employers’ Federation): The trade association for plumbing and heating businesses based in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Members are listed on their website. The website can be searched for a SNIPEF Licensed Plumber by geographical area and type of work needed.
- Fleet News. Comprehensive transportation database of suppliers across the fleet industry – inclusive of telematics, fuel card and fleet management software providers.
- Office for Low Emission Vehicles. Provision of grants for cars, vans, motorbikes, mopeds, taxis, trucks and chargers. Eligible vehicles are specified on the website and grants are applied at the point of purchase.
- Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT). SMMT’s Automotive Supplier Finder service is designed to match buyers to suppliers. You can browse details on thousands of companies and search amongst over 4,000.
Waste and Water
- Construction – Scottish Building Federation. The Scottish Building Federation (SBF) is the principal truly Scottish trade association within the construction industry in Scotland. The website has a ‘Find A builder’ function which can be searched by geographical location – but not energy efficiency, water efficiency or waste reduction.
- Water – EU Water Label, The website has water-saving products searchable by category, efficiency rating, manufacturer, or any combination of the three. Results can also be limited to products that are available in a specific country. There is some information on stockists of the products which can be searched by region or the initial letter of a stockist.
- Materials Recycling World. A subscription-based service that, amongst other things, provides 2,000 recycling-related business contacts as well as detail on legislation, industry summaries and business listings.
- Organics Recycling Group (ORG). Trade organisation for the biodegradable waste management industry in the UK. The objective of the group is to promote the sustainable management of biodegradable resources, covering both aerobic and anaerobic technologies. The website can be searched for members by location and type of member (including academia and government bodies).
- Food – FareShare. The UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors is made up of 17 independent organisations. Together, they take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11k frontline charities and community groups.
Examples of other organisations that have installed similar measures can be found at the Green Network for Business
Note: Business Energy Scotland is not responsible for the content of the websites listed through this tool and does not endorse the suppliers listed by these organisations’ provider lists. In addition, we always encourage you to get more than one quote when sourcing a provider.
If you think there is a supplier list that should be included on this list or you think the information we have listed is inaccurate then please contact us.